Health Tips for Happy 4th of July!
Dr. Katz and our team at Century Medical wish you a safe and happy Fourth of July!
The 4th of July is typically a night where neighbors, family, and friends get together around food and fireworks! It’s a great time to connect with each other and not worry about work or stress.
However, every year we bring tips for you to have a healthy and happy 4th of July:
• Eat a healthy breakfast at your own house, going to cookouts
• Always pick baked, grill, broiled options – make healthier decisions
• Fill the plate with the most greens you can
• Go for healthier sides such as corn on the cob and bean salad
• Avoid sugary drinks and alcohol
• Do not eat carbs after 3 pm
• Drink a lot of water
• Dessert only if it contains protein and less than 5 grams oz sugar
• Eat healthy snacks: cherries, watermelon, raspberries, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, red grapes
• Have fun and enjoy your family and friends
• Next day keep moving and continue with your regular healthy diet and activities